1) Name and define the three main types of rocks.
2) Explain the origin of various rock types and how they are used to interpret Earth events.
3) Explain how rocks and rock debris are altered by various processes of igneous activity, sedimentation, weathering, and metamorphism.
4) Explain how rocks become differentiated in different environments.
5) Describe the classification scheme used for the three main types of rocks.
6) Describe the various intrusive and extrusive rock bodies including volcanoes, magmas, and lavas.
7) Describe the different types of volcanic cones. Explain why some eruptions are more violent than others.
8) Explain the origin and significance of sedimentary structures.
9) Describe the Processes of induration of sedimentary material.
10) Explain the process of metamorphism and how grades of metamorphism are recognized.