1) Describe what minerals are and how they are distinguished from one another.
2) Explain the factors used to describe crystal symmetry and structure.
3) Describe the major aspects of the periodic table.
4) Explain the various types of chemical bonding and how they relate to mineral formation.
5) Explain how some minerals are formed.
6) Explain the importance of phase diagrams.
7) Explain how the mineral composition of rocks is used to define the layers of Earth's crust, mantle, and core.
8) Describe 6-8 different properties of minerals that help distinguish them and how these properties might be used in industry or other parts of society.
9) Describe the various mineral compositions and tell how some of these are used in modern society.